Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Super-Sexy Awesomemobile

Today, I built a car. Well, I helped with/supervised the building of a car. It's slicker than a water park, hotter than a volcano, and probably a little faster than a turtle, if that turtle only had three legs. It's green, too, its only power source being the energy created by a falling four-pound yellow dumbbell. It's a physics project, and based on the way it will be scored, I am currently sitting squarely on an 86/100.

It tuckers out after about three meters, and it wobbles a little while it rolls, but that just means it has character. And after many hours spent thinking in a very deep and important-looking way, I've settled upon a name for the monstrosity I affectionately call my own. I call it "The Super-Sexy Awesomemobile," because, well, that's exactly what it is. It's like a big, rickety bucket of sexy with a generous helping of awesome on the side. Still, I'm glad I've been doing well on tests so far this semester because the Super-Sexy Awesomemobile is probably going to be a not-so-sexy test grade.

But I feel a little like a kindergartner, because I just can't wait to take it to school and show it off. Right now, it's just a skeleton of a car, with several steel bars held together by mass quantities of screws and washers and other construction-y things, but I plan to make it look as awesome as it is. I'll even add flames, because flames = awesome.

I still have some tweaking to do, which will hopefully increase distance. For the most part, though, it's done, and I owe a HUMONGOUS thank you to the two big guys that helped me build it (and by "helped me build it," I really mean "built it"). Thank you guys! We'll give that three-legged turtle a run for his money!

No comments:

Post a Comment